Now that warmer weather is here, it’s time for a trip to to the dog park!
It’s important to remember a few tips to make your outing fun for everyone.
- Study up on doggie body language—know what both playful and aggressive behaviors look like.
- Leave toys that your dog is not willing to share at home.
- Make sure your dog comes when called. Don’t let your pet give dogs coming into the park an overwhelming welcome. Respect dogs who need their space.
- Know your dog’s personality and avoid dogs they might feel uncomfortable around.
- Don’t take your dog to the park if they are sick, behind on vaccinations, younger than 4 months old, or have any behavioral issues.
Based on information published by trupanion.com/pet-safety
Leave a reply